Saturday 30 January 2016

Review on A Court of Thorns and Roses

I recently read "A Court of Thorns and Roses" by "Sarah J Maas" as my cousin had been pestering me to read it saying "it was the best book I've every read" and I couldn't ignore that. My cousin is a very avid reader so to her that from her is a real reason to read a book, because she does not say that about every book. So the following Saturday I went out of my way to get to a book store and get the book.

A Court of Thorns and Roses is an amazing book. It is set in a mysterious realm of faeries and mortals, we are thrown head first into Feyre’s world called Prythian. She is a 19 year old human huntress how fights not only for her own survival but the survival of her two sisters and father in the cold, harsh lands in which she lives. But when she kills a wolf, her life is permanently altered . As it happens, Feyre has not  killed a wolf, but a Faerie, and she must  pay the ultimate price by leaving her family to enter the Fae lands in the north and live there for the rest of her life with her captor, Tamlin.

The books starts off slow but as you continue the suspense starts to build and by the 6th chapter I was hooked. I could not put it down, the way that Maas writes led me to become a recluse for a few hours a day. I raced through the book and was so upset when it ended, but then I learnt that a sequel "A Court of Mist and Fury" would be coming out in early 2016, so my mind was put at ease.

Each of the characters are so different but way Maas writes allows you to get into the several layers that each character has. Feyre, a strong, independent girl who knows her own mind and would do anything for her family even if it meant that she would have to go without. She is sometimes  unappreciated by her father and sister, but yet she continues to work her hands to the bone in order to provide for them and to ensure that they are safe. Next we have  Tamlin, who is the male protagonist in this story. We see many sides of him throughout the course of the novel we see the tender and loving side of his personality but also confident and strong. He's like an onion with many many layers. Finally the sassiest character in the book Lucien he is Tamlin's second but he lightens the mood of the novel with his humour.

This book is amazing and I would give it 5 stars, the characters and the story is beautiful described and told. I highly recommend this book to anybody who like suspense full romance.





No comments:

Post a Comment